Sunday, November 14, 2010

Live in Me

I like to blame other people & things for my shortcomings. Well, I don't really like to, but I do it so much that it must seem as though I like it. So, for the last four years, I've been blaming my lack of spiritual motivation on my parents' divorce, school, work & whatever else fit.

Those things do affect me, taking up time & thought & energy. But they don't keep me from all the things I really want to do. I get on Facebook, read & write letters. Sometimes I even watch movies...and keep up with House.

It's not that my relationship with God is completely nonexistent. I want to know Him, to notice Him...& vice versa. But sometimes it feels rushed & forced. Yet, faithfully, He sends me reminders of how easy it is to love Him.

The movie "Letters to God" got me started back writing letters to Him myself. It reminded me how much I need to talk to Him and also how it doesn't have to be formal; it took me out of the rut of my usual prayers of thanking Him for my day and my food.

Then I went to Elevate where I watched this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwL9bMokcsQ) and was encouraged to pray a simple but sincere prayer ("God, give me the desire and the power to do what pleases You.") anytime I thought about it--such as the times I didn't feel like I had time, or when I just didn't feel like talking to God.

If I want to have time with God, I have to put everything else on hold because it's never going to go away. There's always gonna be something else to do...but do I really want to do it on my own--or with the most amazing Being there is?

His little reminders whisper, "Live in Me," making the choice easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment